Thursday, July 26, 2007

Happy 50th Nam Sing!

Irene and Nam Sing live in London but have come back to celebrate his 50th birthday (Irene, you set a high standard as a wife; you did a great job arranging the party!). I offered to bake his birthday cake. Started baking at 11 am after sending Yi off (...) and only finished it at 5.30 pm. In between there was a brief power cut and frantic rushes (for eggs, baking soda, strawberries & a big-enough box) to the stores (somebody had used up my baking soda for her face). While I love to cook, I hate shopping because you just can't find everything under one roof here. If I had a dinner party, it'll take me about 5 trips to get what I want. And in the hot weather too. That's KK.

P1070722

P1070725b

The carrot cake must've weighed 10kg! When I got to the hotel, I was told I had spelt the birthday boy's name as 'Seng' instead of 'Sing' so they had the hotel chef wipe it off and piped out again--in full. Great cosmetic job, Chef!

I got all excited and confused (as usual) and didn't say what I wanted to say so here it is. Gal 5:22 says the fruits of the Spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. I am amazed to realise that Nam Sing, you are have all these qualities! Like Yoland said last night, you really are a diamond in the rough, because after 50 years, you now shine beautifully and I know it's because you have Jesus in your life. So, the character aspects aside, I wish you more joy, peace and love for all the years ahead. Go on shining beautifully for Him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Terri,
You did a wonderful job on hte cake, unlike many (la.... especially)look good only on the outside, it ACTUALLY tastes good too!
Thank you for being a friend (though I was your hubby's friend first)and helped to contact the 'lost' so that we could all have good time together. Of course, without the 'rough diamond' things might not turn out the way it was. But the greatest treasure is all of us, whom Jesus had found and paid the great price to be His treasured possession.

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

TQ n u're welcome.

cikguken said...

Scripture says that truth must be confirmed by two or three witnesses. So here goes, "The cake does taste as good as it looks"

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

wah, TQ Kenneth! i am happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...